Monday, March 3, 2008

Is this an example of unbiased reporting?*

Hey Walker--
I clicked through your link on Obama's Sermon on the Mount reference, just see what version of it you read, as I had already read it elsewhere. And it was in this manner that I discovered the existence of CSN News Service. I decided to read up on the "News This Hour" as reported by CSN. This is what I discovered: "Obama's Candidacy 'Speaks to Muslims Abroad.'" Dear Texelection readers, after reviewing the story, does this headline strike you as fair, or not? Let the media criticism commence.

PS: I have posted about this before, as it was the address that brought Senator Obama to my (favorable) attention, but for a much longer statement from the Senator on the relationship between religion and public life, go here.

*See Walker's post on an obscure Reuters wire item from earlier today.

No comments: