Saturday, February 23, 2008

For the second time in my adult life I am annoyed by a presidential candidates wife.......
























"Hope is making a comeback, and let me tell you, for the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country. Not just because Barack is doing well, but I think people are hungry for change."

For the first time in her adult life?

For the first time in her adult life?!!

Michelle Obama is 44. She's been an adult since she was 21, or 1985.

Since 1985, I guess the liberation of Kuwait, the Bosnian Campaign, the out-pouring of relief we extended after the tsunami wasn't worthy of pride.....

On a personal level, this is coming from a woman who lives in a nation that has provided her the opportunity to go to Princeton University, to go to Harvard Law, then get a job in a top law firm, and make $342,000-a year job doing community relations for the University of Chicago hospital system.

What a crappy country we live in.

3 comments:

Oso Famoso said...

She is so smug. Its easy to be smug with a cushy job that makes bank like that. It's no mystery that "middle America"....you know us working stiffs...vote mostly conservative.

htownjenny said...

I doubt you will be able go get any of us to argue about that one. She should not have said that. I think it's the biggest mistake so far in a smart campaign.

Anonymous said...

Guess Bill isn't the only political spouse to exhibit foot in mouth disease. I think she needs go further and apologize.

Alison Fairfield