Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I wish I knew how to quit you.

Last weekend I was sick with a cold, and last night I had the worst back pain of my life. Some sort of a pinched nerve in my lower back. It seems that being right all the time is bad for my health.

So I will be taking a sabbatical. Since our 3 loyal readers would be become too despondent without my keen political center-left observations, I have asked someone to stand in for me until March 5th, when Barack Obama will have finally banished the Alien queen for good.
My substitute is non other than Dr. Chadwick, who also goes by the nickname "18 and Life". I will keep his full identity a secret, for he too, is employed by the academic disciplines, and we don't want another Jim Beam episode.

Dr. Chadwick cut scholarly teeth on his groundbreaking dissertation: "Ollies, 180s and Sexual Boundaries: Gay Skaters underground in South Carolina." He and his wife are blessed with the absence of children this week, so I have asked him to find time to blog for me when not researching and field-testing his new work, "The Lost Kama Sutra", which I understand is a pop-up book.

So I will see you guys on this blog in about a week. Let me heal and get some real work done. I will read faithfully.

Maker's Mark

2 comments:

Walker said...

Welcome, "Dr. Chadrick"!!

Oh, to be young, gay, and a skater growing up in balmy South Carolina in the early 1990s.... I bet your life was almost like an early Joel Schumacher movie....My Own Private Spartansburg?

There you were on the sidewalk....hugging your pink Tony Hawk branded "Lil' Rascal" skateboard.....while the "Re-elect Strom Thurmond in '92" parade rolled by...ever the outsider...on the outskirts.....

Walker said...

I would like to see a Scratch 'N Sniff version of the Kama Sutra...