Friday, February 29, 2008

This Stuff is Getting Freaking Ridiculous



Obama, Obama......
Obama of the World.....
Obama, Obama......
Very Obama of Very Obama......
Obama, Obama.....
Tuck me in at night.....
Obama, Obama.....
Mighty legislator.....wonderful friend.....

This type of group-think-mass-adulation-hysteria driven by the consumerist entertainment industry will quickly turn off lots of people.

Is Jessica Alba supposed to represent something profound?

I am not looking for a savior. I already have one. I am looking for a good president.

Talk about setting expectations a little high. Even if he wins he's doomed.

Obama....Obama......

2 comments:

Oso Famoso said...

Its so freaking ridiculous. Pretty soon the fundamentalist crowd will start calling him a "false Messiah" and eventually will compare him to "anti-christ prophecy..."

Anonymous said...

Interchange in my family:

Unidentified non-blood-related Republican relative: I think there is a 50% chance that Obama is the anti-Christ -- but I am STILL NOT voting for Hillary.

Me: Oh, get over it, X.

Relative: Well, if he is the anti-Christ there is nothing I can do about it! (with a laugh)

As for the video, I wouldn't overreact to it, actually. If I was the twenty-year-old now that I was back in the day, I'd probably love it. Which makes me think of a line I recently read in the New Republic: when Hillary was Obama's age she was Obama (meaning visionary and untested.)

Alison Fairfield