Sunday, February 17, 2008

slimeballs are bi-partisan

Anyone can post about anything they want to. The 10 issue challenge is its own set of ten posts. It was meant to stand on its own. Notice Walker has posted on a number of unrelated issues as well. That's how a blog works Dad!

I felt like sharing the republican scandal du jour because I think it is an interesting trend. Sex scandals in the GOP are totally out of control. I wonder why, since the GOP is supposed to be the values party. I think there are deeper reasons for it, which I will post at a later date.

Yes I have a lawyerly explanation. Barack Obama has explained that voting present is common and accepted practice in the illinois senate. Reps vote present when they like a bill but have a technical issue with it, and want to vote for it when it comes back in improved form on a later vote. I don't have a big problem with this. It strikes me as good process. His record in that senate is distinguished, and widely seen as such.

This kind of criticism strikes me a frantic grasping for something that will stick. I don't think complaining about present votes will deliver the victory in the general.

No comments: