Friday, February 22, 2008

I believe that children are the future

Do you actually think that complex societal problems are actually solved by government spending?

I believe that people who think in absolutes are not helpful. I believe that people who are not willing to entertain other ideas hurt this country. I believe that no one party has all the answers.

I believe in dialogue. I believe there were times when government spending helped this country (world war 2, the great depression) and there were times when it hurt this country (public housing, welfare programs.) I do not believe ALL public spending programs are bad, or all good, or all the same. I believe complex societal problems are just that, complex, which is why I would much rather have a brilliant man like Barack Obama spending our billions in an attempt to solve them, rather than Bush, who was a C student, a D businessman, and an F president.


3 comments:

Walker said...

When are you gonna get a sitemeter on this blog?

md

Maker's Mark said...

It's not about the numbers Missy. It's about craft. It's about principle. It's all about character. We blog because we care.

Oso Famoso said...

You quoted WW2...did you know that in the 1940s there were plenty of liberals wooing and hawing against the war?